Pages

I feel summer in the air....

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Here in Cali it is already quite hot. Yesterday it got to a smoldering 95 degrees. Everything is jumping into summer mode around here. My girls are in the last week of school and I'm in the last week of classes at the community college...finals this week! Anyway, I've been out in the garden all morning, admiring the growth. Everything is looking really good so far, but it is only May and we have a long summer ahead of us, but I'm optimistic. Everything is in a lovely bloom in the yard and I am enjoying strolling around admiring it.





A couple of weeks ago I finished up this 'bow tie' quilt using some oldie but goodie 'Hometown' fabric by Sweetwater. I love this line of fabric so much, any fabric line with typography is a win for me. The white on white fabric is a bargain fabric I found at a discount fabric store years ago. There is a super simple pattern found here at Craftsy.



I backed it with a simple small cotton pin stripe in a barn red. I machine quilted it in a criss-cross pattern. It looks really good in my family room, it's nice and bright.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground