Pages

Welcome and Hello

Monday, May 26, 2014



Well hi there. Today is my first post and I am so excited and a little nervous to embark on this new adventure. This blog will be a place for me to share my quilts, my fabric obsession and maybe a little of my painting and designing. I live in sunny California out in the south-west desert. It's hot here, especially in the dead of summer (ugh, I dread it), but I just lock myself in the house and play (sew, paint, craft), sounds good right? Anyway I love to garden, nothing too impressive, but I love to be outside and piddle around. I  love to read, and right now I'm reading through the The Chief Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny, a good fun easy read. As I said, I am a quilter, my mom taught me to quilt when I was about 16 years old. I was one of those kids that loved to be home locked in my room with a good book or just home with my mom and watching her sew.


Anyway, this quilt in the photos is one that I whipped out in January of this year. I had just put all the Christmas stuff away and my house looked bare, so I dragged out a bunch of fabrics that reminded me of January and February and I got to work. I just started slicing fabric into strips and sewing them together and I love result. I backed it with a soft flannel for extra coziness and bound it in a red cotton floral. I had a hard time putting it away when the warmer weather came around. I just couldn't wait to show it here on my blog. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground