Pages

Creative Splurge

Wednesday, June 25, 2014





I'm right in the middle of a creative splurge, and my head is about to pop. Ideas, ideas, ideas. Summertime always provides me with time, time to brainstorm, time to think. The kids are out of school and my classes are over for awhile and I sort of feel a creative freedom. I always make a list at the beginning of summer of all my summer goals, and I'm OK if I don't accomplish them all, it just helps me to have a plan and because I am a list freak. I've been dreaming up all kinds of projects from sewing, to painting, to drawing. As you can see by the stacks of books, I've been reserving/checking out all kinds of books from my local library.
         Side Note: Libraries are awesome! We have no guarantees that they will be around forever, but while they are here, use them! They are such a great source of inspiration and new ideas. And it's free.
This is usually how it works for me. I hear about a book that interests me (quilt book, painting book, drawing book, surface pattern book or novel) and then I put it immediately on my Amazon wishlist, just to keep track of it. Then when I get an urge, I just look it up on my local library site and order it if it is available. This is awesome because you can preview it for 'free' and decide if it is something that you want to purchase.

I started reading 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn about a week ago (I know I'm a little late to the party) but anyway it is delightfully suspenseful and I am quite enjoying it.

My birthday was last Friday, shhhh, I turned 38. Anyway, we headed off to Lake Tahoe for a couple of nights because my 15 year old daughter, Courtney, had a soccer tournament there. It was completely lovely and beautiful of course! The weather was amazing at a perfect 75 degrees. We celebrated my birthday up there and enjoyed the lake and Tahoe culture. I would move there if I could...sigh.


This was on the long drive through the desert....sorry about the dirty windshield. Blush.


This is the amazing 'must stop' Erick Schat's Bakery in Bishop, CA. Yum.






My daughter is on the left and her friend/teammate is on the right. Good times.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground