Pages

Well, hello Spring

Friday, March 27, 2015


 

 




I've officially given up on the idea of a real winter here in the High Desert. We had a few days of overcast 30's and a few days of scattered rain, but no real storms or ice cold temps to speak of. Now, to some this might seen a little ridiculous to be complaining about a lack of winter, but for me, as a California native, I so look forward to a real winter and the escape from the blazing hot temps. Oh well, below are a few shots of the 'winter' days that I captured.

Above is a shot of a beautiful stack of Anna Maria Horner fabrics, so bright, so wonderful. I joined my first ever Instagram Swap, and the theme is Ms. Horner fabrics, yippee! So I have a secret partner that I am supposed to friendly stalk and find out her favorites and then in July send her a mini quilt, and in return someone will send me a mini. I am so excited! This is my kind of fun....blushing.

I have also been starting a lot of new project as of late. I purchased a gorgeous stack of Persimmon by Basic Grey from Moda Fabrics, and I am using an Abbey Lane pattern called Blue Jay Way. It is turning out so lovely, and BTW their patterns are so easy to use. I have also been cutting out more baby quilts to add to my shop, and will hopefully have those done soon. I also finished piecing the top of my log cabin quilt, wow, that took forever, but so worth it. The colors are so inviting, now I just need to figure out how I want to machine quilt that sucker, I might end up sending that one out for quilting.

Books. Lets talk about books. In February I read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, and absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it. Without giving too much away it's about a quadriplegic and his caregiver and of course, love. Then I just finished The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion, and loved it. I could hear the voice of Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory) reading the narrative in my head. It was quirky and lighthearted. I also recently read The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey, it felt long. I picked it up because it takes place in Alaska, and I am obsessed with Alaska. It is very beautifully written and reads like a fairy tale.





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground